Friday 28 February 2014

This weeks finds! - so far...

Well, it's been quite a week! - Firstly this is not a 28mm miniature or even something related. It is however cool as lucky enough to acquire this epic piece of 1980's history. Weirdly it looks like it has been in a timewarp, the paint, fittings etc are all original yet it has not got dusty, or been restored in any way. Not complaining of course! May i present the Raleigh Mag Burner mk1!
According to the catalog it should have blue tires and different grips, otherwise this is identical. I believe both the tires and grips on this ARE original and must be variants, the grips are fuan and the tires are cheng shin, both brands associated with raleigh around this time. Brought back some memories, i never owned one of these back in the day, i actually had a rare early cycle pro US import, that i hated my Dad for buying me instead of an early burner. I did in fact later get a lovely Falcon Pro theta with dia compe brakes etc, but like the foolish little berk i was at 11 i got it stolen from Southport Pleasure beach... Scallys eh!

As punishment my Dad wouldn't buy me another bike for some time.. Being a fairly competent young merseyside scally myself i soon managed to build myself a bmx from ahem.. spare parts? But anyways, 80s nostalgia and all! - the bike is on Ebay at the moment - if you fancy re-living your childhood!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151243514613?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

No comments:

Post a Comment